Thursday, March 22, 2007

First Stop, Indiana

The next thing I know, Allan has booked passage for me and I am on my way to Indiana!


When I arrived in Indiana, Dan had already gotten my desert clothes for me. I had sunglasses, a wide-brimmed hat, a vest for science equipment, a backpack for carrying water and supplies, and hiking boots. I could tell from the equipment that this would be a very different place than the cold weather experiences I had gotten used to.

I joined Dan and his family a couple of weeks before the trip and it was a good thing I did! There was so much to learn! I learned so much on the Oden about sea navigation, ocean science, and polar biology that I thought I was a pretty smart bear. I will have to learn at least as much new stuff on this next expedition!

No comments: